The St Anthony’s League was set-up by the KCA in 1919 to lend greater focus to the charitable efforts of the Association.
An excerpt from the Golden Jubilee Souvenir, 1951 reads as follows:
“The year 1919 also saw the birth of the St. Anthony’s League founded to afford charitable relief to the poor and needy among the Catholics of Kanara, settled in Bombay and its suburbs. Besides dispensing a large amount in the shape of charity, the League then organized a needlework room, and a night school. Its existence and success was due largely to the selfless work of Mr. J. Pius Rego, who had left behind a monument of service for the poor and needy of the community”